How to buy Bitcoin in Connecticut
Trying to learn how to buy Bitcoin in Connecticut? Buying Bitcoin in the US can be difficult but recently it has become simpler.
Summary of choices to buy Bitcoin in Connecticut:
- Buy Bitcoin in Connecticut with debit card on Coinbase.
- Purchase Bitcoin in Connecticut with ACH on Coinbase.
- Buy Bitcoin in Connecticut with credit card from Cex.io
- Purchase Bitcoin in Connecticut on credit card or PayPal from VirWox.
- Buying Bitcoin in Connecticut with other payment methods on LocalBitcoins.com
- Buy Bitcoin with other payment methods on Paxful.com
Buy Bitcoin in Connecticut with debit card on Coinbase:
The first American’s purchase Bitcoin in Connecticut is to use a debit card on Coinbase.
Coinbase enables you to add your debit card from nearly any American bank and credit union.
Once you’ve added your debit card to your Coinbase account you can instantly purchase Bitcoin with your debit card right away. You can also configure a recurring purchase to buy any amount of Bitcoin on a set schedule automatically.
Buy Bitcoin in Connecticut with ACH on Coinbase:
Another payment method that Coinbase supports in Connecticut is buying using ACH payments.
Buy Bitcoin in Connecticut with credit card from Cex.io:
Multiple US states prevent purchasing Bitcoin with credit cards due to US regulations.
Cex.io is a British service that supports credit card buying and supports US users.
With Cex.io its easy buy Bitcoin simply:
- Create an account.
- Verify your identity.
- Attach your credit card.
- Click to purchase your Bitcoin. (You receive a generous daily limit of $3000 initially).
Buy Bitcoin in Connecticut with credit card or PayPal on VirWox:
VirWox digital currency exchange is is a good option for buying Bitcoin with your credit card in Connecticut.
Purchasing Bitcoin on VirWox is not as simple as with Cex.io. On VirWox you can’t directly purchase Bitcoin using USD.
Instead you’ll need to:
- Sign-up for an account.
- Deposit USD into your VirWox account.
- Use your USD to buy SLL (Second Life Lindens) on the USD/SLL pair.
- Then use your SLL to buy Bitcoin on the BTC/SLL pair.
- Then you can use this Bitcoin on other exchanges to buy other cryptocurrency if needed.
Buy Bitcoin with multiple payment methods on LocalBitcoins.com
LocalBitcoins.com is a multi-vendor marketplace for purchasing Bitcoin. Using LocalBitcoins you don’t purchasing Bitcoin from a specific company. Instead, a number of vendors have listings selling Bitcoin.
With LocalBitcoins individual sellers set which payment methods they accept. You find an offer that meets your needs and contact the seller.
LocalBitcoins is great because it allows for methods of payment that other sites can’t support including PayPal, Skrill and Bank Transfers.
Buying Bitcoin with other payment methods on Paxful:
One of the last methods to consider for buying Bitcoin in Connecticut is Paxful.
Like LocalBitcoins Paxful is a multi-seller marketplace.
Paxful’s main difference is they allow any payment option the seller wants to use. This results in them accepting payment options including gift cards, Steam credit, Western Union and MoneyGram.