How to buy Bitcoin in California
Trying to learn how to buy Bitcoin in California? Purchasing Bitcoin in the US is difficult but in recent years its become simple.
Summary of methods to buy Bitcoin in California:
- Buy Bitcoin in California with debit card on Coinbase.
- Purchase Bitcoin in California with ACH on Coinbase.
- Buy Bitcoin in California with credit card from Cex.io
- Purchase Bitcoin in California on credit card or PayPal from VirWox.
- Buying Bitcoin in California with other payment methods on LocalBitcoins.com
- Buy Bitcoin with other payment methods on Paxful.com
Buy Bitcoin in California with debit card on Coinbase:
One of the most common ways American’s buy Bitcoin in California is to use a debit card on Coinbase.
Coinbase enables you to add your debit card from nearly any U.S. bank and credit union.
After adding your debit card to your Coinbase account you can instantly buy Bitcoin with your card 24/7. You can also create a repeat buy to buy any amount of Bitcoin on a regular schedule automatically.
Buy Bitcoin in California with ACH on Coinbase:
The other option that Coinbase supports in California is buying through ACH payments.
Buy Bitcoin in California with credit card from Cex.io:
Multiple American states don’t allow buying Bitcoin with credit cards due to American regulations.
Cex.io is a British cryptocurrency exchange that has support for credit card purchases and allows US users.
With Cex.io there are easy steps buy Bitcoin simply:
- Register your account.
- Complete your KYC/AML.
- Attach your credit card.
- Click to buy your Bitcoin. (You receive a large daily limit of $3000 to start).
Buy Bitcoin in California with credit card or PayPal on VirWox:
VirWox virtual currency exchange is is a good alternative for purchasing Bitcoin with your credit card in California.
Getting Bitcoin on VirWox is a bit tricky as with Cex.io. On VirWox you can’t directly buy Bitcoin using USD.
- Sign-up for an account.
- Deposit USD into your VirWox account.
- Use your USD to buy SLL (Second Life Lindens) on the USD/SLL pair.
- Then use your SLL to buy Bitcoin on the BTC/SLL pair.
- Then you can use this Bitcoin on other exchanges to buy other cryptocurrency if needed.
Buy Bitcoin with multiple payment methods on LocalBitcoins.com
LocalBitcoins.com is a multi-vendor marketplace for you to buying Bitcoin. On LocalBitcoins you don’t buying Bitcoin from a specific company. Instead, multiple vendors post listings selling Bitcoin.
With LocalBitcoins the seller list which payment methods they will accept. You identify a listing that supports the payment method you want and contact the seller.
LocalBitcoins is great because it has payment methods that other sites can’t support including PayPal, Skrill and Bank Transfers.
Buying Bitcoin with other payment methods on Paxful:
The last method available for buying Bitcoin in California is Paxful.
In the same way as LocalBitcoins Paxful is a multi-vendor listing site.
What makes Paxful different is they accept any payment method that the seller wants to use. This results in them accepting payment options including gift cards, Steam credit, Western Union and MoneyGram.