How to buy Bitcoin with Visa
When you are trying to buy Bitcoin for the first time, you’ll find you may struggle locating a place that accept Visa sales forBitcoin.
Lots of exchanges don’t let you to buying Bitcoin on Visa in light of regulatory challenges and government licensing in their region. However, there are a couple of exchanges that include you to buy Bitcoin on Visa.
Step #1 – Buying Bitcoin with Visa:
Register for our newsletter to receive news about discounts from exchanges.
[wd_hustle id=”cex_io-lander” type=”embedded”]
Step 2 – Option #1 – Buying Bitcoin with Visa with Cex.io:
Our first site for buying Bitcoin on Visa is Cex.io
Cex.io are a great quality exchange located in London England. It is one of the only services that offer Visa purchases of Bitcoin.
We recommend them because they are the only exchanges that support buying Bitcoin on Visa and that are registered with both the American Money Service Licensing Authority and the UK financial regulator meaning they are the best possible choice for your Bitcoin purchase.
Pros for buying Bitcoin on Cex.io:
- Cex.io has their own web wallet to store Bitcoin and 6 other cryptocurrencies.
- Cex.io has a built-in cryptocurrency exchange to trade and sell your Bitcoin as well.
- Cex.io has been around since 2013 and is one of the oldest and safest places to buy Bitcoin using Visa.
- Bonus 1% free on all eligible deposits (limited time!)
Cons to buying Bitcoin on Cex.io:
- In cryptocurrency buying on Visa usually has slightly higher fees than other payment options
Step 2 – Option #2 – Buying Bitcoin with Visa on eToro:
The other option that does offers Visa for buying Bitcoin is eToro.
eToro works differently than other websites. eToro enables you to buy both stocks and cryptocurrency at the same time. It also allows you to do copy funds which are automated purchasing funds created by trading experts. This lets you set how much you want to buy each month and buy the right cryptocurrencies even if you don’t closely follow the market.
eToro also offers a free $100 bonus on your first eligible purchase.
Pros to buying Bitcoin with Visa on eToro:
- Up to $100 Bitcoin free bonus on first eligible purchase.
- Copyfunds to buy with financial pros.
- You are able to purchase traditional stocks as well.
- You are able to sell Bitcoin back on the platform as well 24 hours a day.
Cons to buying Bitcoin with Visa on eToro:
- eToro is only for investment purchases for this reason they won’t let you withdraw your cryptocurrency from their exchange. But, this results in your Bitcoin being more secure. You are also able to sell your Bitcoin whenever you like on the exchange and we are told that withdrawal methods might be available in the future.
Step #3 – Get a Bitcoin credit card to earn free Bitcoin when banking!
Wirex is a great company from the United Kingdom. Wirex’s service is a credit card and wallet that enables you spend cryptocurrency in every normal store and get a 0.5% rebate in crypto even with purchases made using fiat currency.
Right now the majority of people only use it like a normal credit card, they choose to not spend their cryptocurrency when making purchases with the card and make payments to the balance via fiat in online banking. This lets them collect cryptocurrency with their regular purchases without needing to spend any.
Take a moment to imagine how awesome it would be if back when cryptocurrencies had launched you collected 0.5% of all your purchases as Bitcoin. Whenever you purchased the weekly groceries or when you paid your bills you earned some Bitcoin. Had you done that you would now very well off!
That opportunity hasn’t fully passed! Bitcoin and other cryptos still have lots of room to go! And, Wirex’s card is currently a great option that we encourage all cryptocurrency users to consider.
Pros of using the Wirex Cryptocurrency Credit Card:
- Use your Bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a payment method (if needed) without having to pay large exchange withdraw fees and waiting weeks for fiat to arrive.
- Earn 0.5% cash back in cryptocurrency.
- Earn a bonus 0.5% when you buy cryptocurrency with your card.
Cons of using the Wirex Cryptocurrency Credit Card:
- N/A – it’s great all around!
Step #4 – Consider automated bundle funds from CoinBundle:
CoinBundle are another site that we highly encourage new users to check out.
Unlike other sites CoinBundle is the only service that enables you to buy crypto bundles. These bundles are similar to mutual funds. Essentially you are buying a 1 cryptocurrency token that is a share in a collection of cryptocurrencies. For example, if I buy one bundle token from “Conservative 2” then I’m really getting my purchase split up between Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum. This investment bundle results in my holdings auto re-balancing to emulate the holding and it also helps me only paying one transaction fee instead of three.
These bundle tokens are also real cryptocurrency tokens themselves. This means you can withdraw them and trade them on other sites without withdrawing the underlying coins.
CoinBundle offers several bundle portfolios for beginners but soon you are able to design your own custom bundle. If you make your own custom bundle you will earn commission when others purchase your bundle.
Another thing to note is bundled token funds offer a great opportunity for you to build a diverse portfolio without being a full-time trader. You can simply buy from the experts.
Pros of trading on CoinBundle:
- $10 in free cryptocurrency during beta! (Limited Time!)
- Low fees.
- Build a diversified portfolio.
- Earn commission from making your own portfolio.
- Only portfolio tool that you can withdraw from.
Cons of trading on CoinBundle:
- Not available in the US.
Step #5 – Monitor your portfolio (and taxes) with CoinTracking
One of the most important step when you buy Bitcoin on Visa is keeping track of your holdings.
Keeping track of your cryptocurrency portfolio is challenging because:
- It is likely your cryptocurrency is spread across many exchanges, because no exchange carry all cryptocurrencies.
- Tax are very complicated as you need to record every trade across all the exchanges you use.
CoinTracking makes that a breeze by tracking all trades you make across all the exchanges you trade on and building automated reports for your portfolio changes and easy to understand tax reports.
Pros to using CoinTracking:
- Automated portfolio overview.
- Free $10 off discount!
- Monitor your coins across multiple exchanges.
- Easy tax reporting to save you hundreds of dollars a year.
Cons to using CoinTracking:
- N/A we recommend this to everyone.